Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Rain!

Apparently it hasn't rained for a few months this year (I guess there is very little rain in general and especially so during the winter).  And tonight, the thunder and lightning decided to pay a visit with a little bit of rain.  

My driver Abraham (who insists that he was no longer my driver by day 2 but my brother) told me that Johannesburg is not very green nor lively right now because of the lack of rain.  So hopefully with this rain, the grass might stop being so brown and become greener tomorrow (Yes, I expect overnight transformations! It doesn't hurt for some wishful thinking now, does it?)

I mean the rain and thunder means that I will have to suffer through loud noises throughout the night.  Not only do the walls fail at insulating here, they also don't keep out any noises at all.  I guess I should also hope that my roof does not leak... otherwise there will be a huge problem.

P.S. The update on the move is that I wont' be moving anymore because it is confirmed that the 2 incoming VolCons are both guys, so they will just move right into the 2 bdrm.  This means I definitely have to keep pushing for my shower situation to be fixed.  In the meantime, I got a broom and a mop (with nothing to squeeze the water out of the mop) and the situation has improved somewhat.  I have to do some hard labour everytime I finish showering, and a thin layer of water still remains.  I think I will go crazy if I have to keep this up for 3.5 months.

No comments: