Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 12: Meeting up

We went to laris again tonight and now i'm super exhausted.. going to blog tomorrow

******************************************
(At a later date)

So today I was finally able to locate Miss Dong (my dad's colleague's daughter) during break time. Apparently she opens a small hair dresser in a place where it is 1 hour by bus to where we are. She was out with a friend for a couple of days (out of town) and that's likely why i wasn't able to locate her earlier.

Anyways so she came out to meet me for lunch and we had lunch at "bi feng tang", a hong kong chain store. It's pepper fried chicken soft bone was super awesome and so was it pumpkin dessert. I absolutely loved them. She treated me to lunch and said it'd be cool to meet up next week and take me to try out harpin food as she's originally from there. Pretty exciting. She also told me that the north eastern food of China's most famous dishes is the sour preserved veggie pot that my family loves and a mushroom chicken dish. She was a very nice girl and apparently she's had her business for about 5-6 years. Very impressive.

Min wanted to head to the fabric market again so she left class early. So i took the opportunity to ask xiao xu lao shi to help me out with words that i always get confused with and get some individual attention to fixing the problems.

After class i went to the starbucks at xin tian di (new heaven) to meet up with the girls and some of ashley's friends (david, park and joseph) when she was on exchange here. We headed over to shanghai uncle again and had another awesome meal there. Then headed over to laris again since it was 2-for-1 martini thursdays. Min found her bar tender again who apparently's name is cross and has funky dark rimmed glasses. He also remembered her so he gave us much more alcohol in their second drinks. Then some of joseph's friends came by (charlie, jon from NY and uda from morroco) they were really cool too. But at that point i already had my 1 martini (another lychee one which was much stronger than last week) and was not a very social person. We played a bit of 5-10 in french, mandarin and english and then called it a night.

I realize that the shanghai sun is giving me so much tanning even when i'm not even doing much.. anywho i should start working on today's post.

No comments: