Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 6: pouring rain and rainboots

We had another taste of how bad asian rain can get today. It was quite scary as the sky turned all white (it was still rather bright) but you can no longer see the buildings in the distance.

So instead of being very ambitious and going out to do all the things we want to do, i decided that i needed a nap. So i napped for about 3 hours while the others went out to do stuff (which is still not much since the rain and the flood makes it very difficult to go anywhere)

We were then deciding between an upscale japanese all you can eat versus having hot pot. We ended up going to a place called hot pot king (lai fu liu), it's at huai hai zhong lu... it wasn't all you can eat but still pretty good. The service was excellent as they are very friendly and helpful. We ate a lot and was so full.

We really didn't want to go anywhere so we ended up just coming home, wanting to watch a movie. Another one of min's friend is going to come for a visit tomorrow and we're thinking of heading out to qipu lu and the market tomorrow.

I wore my rainboots out so it was quite fun to run around in the puddle, not having to worry that anything's going to happen to my feet and keeping them super dry. The only bad thing is that the plastic is rather cheap (as I bought it for only 128 HKD) and so it smells a bit :P I think i'll use it during my stay in shanghai and in HK, then buy a better pair with mariann to bring back to canada.

I finally found ah to at a good time, so we skyped so that I can talk to mommy and daddy :) So it seems people are having a long weekend this weekend. quite exciting.

I hope I'll find something really cool tomorrow and some good buys ;)

No comments: