Friday, June 15, 2007

soccer game

fussball match :P

it's in a town called kercha.. (need to check spelling)
basically fell asleep for a couple of times ... unconscious slept on the ride there, slept on the ride back
a 1.5 hour drive from klagenfurt along the italian border

i had to ask to get the party cut short...

dam this music how am i supposed to sleep with it and wake up at 4:30 to catch my train?

eep ...

anyways more on the soccer game and party after.

*****************************

Friday June 15

Fridays are always great at work as our working hours are only until 1300. I took a break between 1030 to 1100 and took the bus down to haptbahnhof to take care of my Florence Business. It took awhile for the train ticket agent to get me the right trains and that all the couchette and sleepable carts are booked up. So I ended up getting a 2nd class seat for 40 euro each way. They said it’s possible for me to upgrade depending on availability, just need to talk to the conductors as I board the train. Again, it’s one of those things that if I know I can do it and I didn’t do it. I will definitely regret it later. Once I got back into the office, I was trying to look up places to live in Florence. I finally found one but had to catch the bus to watch the soccer tournament and didn’t have enough time to book it.

A group of us from work boarded the bus that took us to Kercha, a tiny little town/village that is along the Italian border west of Villach, 1.5 hour drive from Klagenfurt. The scenery was beautiful along the way but I really just wanted a nap. When we got there, it was pouring rain but the game still went and it was Kabeg against one of its hospitals – LAAS. Kabeg won in a penalty kick 2-1 and everyone was really happy and partied quite hard afterwards. I was led to believe that we were going to get back at 1900, but we didn’t even leave until2130 (upon my insistence as I had a train to catch at 600 the next day and was falling asleep after 2 shots..) I felt really bad for cutting the party short, but Suzy said that this was already later than last years which made me feel better. Silvia was really nice and offered to drop me off at home afterwards. I got home at 2330 and was dead tired, and managed to book my hostel in Florence so that I was set for Graz and next weekend.

No comments: